Sunday, August 5, 2018

Not My Words This Time

There are so many things rattling around in my brain I want to write about. And there are a few things I've even started writing about -- troubles with Turkey, troubles with Mueller's "Russia probe," the way in which pop culture ignores and erases and maims Christian statements even when they are made by its own superstars -- but I have not finished those posts, due to other priorities and lack of time.

And I am happy to say those writings are gonna have to wait, because later today I am heading off to the mountains for some R&R and I can't wait! Weather permitting the kids will get to see some fabulous panoramas, and regardless of weather they will get to check out some waterfalls. You know, things we don't have here in Florida.

Sarah (who is 13) got to do much more mountain traveling when she was younger than Parker has so far (he is 7). That makes me feel bad for Parker, but it's time to change that so I am going to think (which I'm good at) about how to actively make things happen (which I have historically struggled with) to change that. And then I will do away with the "historically struggled with" problem, because I am ready to do away with it for so many reasons, but they are not the point of this post -- right now, at this moment, I am simply eager for both kids to enjoy this trip and for Parker to soak up the experience.

Anyway, I won't be blogging for a while but I did want to leave you with something, so if you're interested and have time, I recommend going here and watching last weekend's sermon by our pastor, Matthew Hartsfield. It is actually the ninth in a series of ten sermons that started in June, and they are all very good but I am linking to last weekend's because it was extremely very good.

Links for the entire series are here. I assume "part ten" will be added to that page after this weekend. I saw it at church last night and it is worth a view too, as I am sure they all are, though I haven't seen them all. But I do intend to!

And with that, I am off and away! Until next time, take care.

No comments: