Saturday, October 6, 2012

Scenes...

…from this morning’s early bike ride down country lanes.


Fog made it hard for the sun to break through...


...while depositing its moisture on the gossamer of spiders and needles of pines...



I have always known that cattle graze, but not until today, when I encountered the following sight, did I realize they forage as well:


Although she appears to be staring me down in a not-so-pleased kind of way, the following Brahman was peaceful enough and happy enough to have her picture taken:


I never take my Canon on bike rides -- because my cell phone takes incredible photos and the Canon’s size and changeable lenses aren’t practical on a bike -- but I regretted being Canon-less for a few minutes this morning. Why? Because I watched a bald eagle land in an oak, and the zoom on my cell phone just wasn’t good enough to capture the kind of picture our national symbol deserves. After both zooming and cropping, here is what I got:


My angst was short-lived, however. When you are treated to views like this…


…and glimpses of equines like these…


…how can you possibly complain?

1 comment:

Stewart M said...

Splendid set of shots - I really like the spider web and the wet grass.

Same planet, different seasons - I just wish more people would remember the first part!

Cheers - Stewart M - Australia