Monday, June 30, 2014

Happy Birthday, Mr. Sowell

Thomas Sowell turns 84 years old today. Over the years I have read the writings of many great thinkers and none can match Sowell's analytical skills or his ability to communicate important ideas in plain English. When I first discovered him in the early 1990's, his columns and books invigorated my mind like a jolt of lightning, and they have continued doing that ever since.

If you are not familiar with his biography, you may want to read this tribute that I wrote when he turned 79. But to really appreciate a scribe, it is best to read his own words in full context -- so with recent history in mind, here are links to my five favorite Thomas Sowell columns from the past three months, in order from oldest to newest:






To follow his columns and read other things by and about him, you can visit his web site here.

No comments: