Thursday, August 6, 2015

Media Matters

I have been writing my post about Planned Parenthood and abortion for quite a while and it still isn't done -- partly because my time has been limited, and partly because the Center for Medical Progress's brilliant drip-drip-drip strategy of releasing videos keeps forcing me to go back and add new info to my draft.

On top of that, I am traveling this week without my PC and without a tablet, and typing a blog post on a cell phone just ain't the bee's knees. And I don't think my employer would approve of me using my work laptop to blog.

To make matters worse, two days ago was Tuesday, and for the fourth Tuesday in a row the Center for Medical Progress released an undercover video that is damning to Planned Parenthood. And while I hope to publish my slowly-written post before next Tuesday, this most recent release has given me a chance to fire off a shorter post in the interim.

I became aware of the new video when I peeked at my cell phone while walking from my desk to the restroom at 11:55 Tuesday morning. Curious how the national press would cover the release and unsure exactly when it had occurred, I checked the Fox News home page and saw no mention of it. About 15 minutes later I checked again, and sure enough, the release was not only mentioned but was featured as the banner headline.

Then I proceeded to check the home pages of CNN, NBC News, ABC News, and CBS News. None of them had a single story about it.

I checked those four sites again at 2:15, and still not a mention.

I checked them again at 3:30, and still not a mention.

I checked them again at 1:15 the following afternoon (yesterday) and still not a mention.

And I checked them again shortly after noon today, and there was still not a mention. Fox News did, however, report that the New Hampshire state government has stopped giving money to Planned Parenthood because of the videos' contents -- a fact which the other four sites have not bothered to share with the public (shocking!).

And yet it is Fox that gets accused of slanting the news, and Fox that gets accused of not being a real news organization?

What bullshit! In reality, it is all the other networks who are doing their Pravda best by hiding information from the public!

Planned Parenthood is by far the nation's (and I assume the world's) largest abortion provider. In 2013, the most recent year for which I could find figures, it performed 327,166 abortions. For comparison, based on estimates from the 2010 census, Savannah now has a population of 144,532 and Montgomery a population of 205,764.

And a series of undercover videos has provided strong prima facie evidence that Planned Parenthood violates federal law by deliberately planning its abortions (i.e., baby killings) in such ways as to cut up the babies and sell their parts for revenue.

Fox covers this obviously major story while the others bury it. And yet, media people from other organizations wonder why Fox is the most trusted name in news?

Like I already said: What bullshit!


No comments: