Sunday, January 4, 2009

Props

Happy New Year everybody.  Late last night we got back from a week-long vacation.  Today we are staring at the mountainous jobs of unpacking from the trip and taking down the Christmas decorations. Tomorrow I'll be trudging back to the office to tackle what is sure to be a dizzying backlog of work.

So it will be a few days before I get a chance to write, but I still wanted to take some time this morning to encourage anyone who reads my blog to link over to my sister-in-law's, if you haven't done so before.  It's called The Hungry Housewife, it's budding into an American success story, and even though it's a food blog you don't have to be a food freak to appreciate it.  

My eyes roll back into my head with boredom at the thought of watching cooking shows, discussing recipes, etc., but I still get a kick out of The Hungry Housewife and I'm not saying that just because I'm married to the blogger's sister.  Leslie mixes in some humor and puts on some entertaining video posts -- and even if a recipe is the only thing she has posted on a given day, you can still tell whether it's a recipe for a dish you'd like to taste (in which case you can at least try to get somebody to prepare it for you, if you are like me and are not up to the task).

As for being a "success story," Leslie started The Hungry Housewife about nine months ago and has managed to attract some significant followers. She was solicited by The Food Network to apply to be a candidate on their show "The Food Network's Next Big Star," and a weekly paper here in Tampa asked her to be a contributor on their food page.  Then, to top it off, the St. Petersburg Times recently named her one of their top nine people to watch in 2009.

Check her out, and I'm sure you will find that she deserves to have the good vibes keep on comin'.

No comments: