Monday, April 6, 2009

Bloody Well Said

I know I have a “Quote of the Week” feature on this blog, but while I was eating in my car today during my lunch break, I heard a quip on the radio that was so good I couldn’t wait to share it.

 

It came from one of my favorite UK-transplanted commentators, Mark Steyn,  who was expanding on North Korea’s provocative rocket launch over the weekend.  Since I’m going from memory, I may have gotten a couple words wrong, but what he said was essentially this:  “We are creating a world in which some of the most successful nations in history, from Norway down to New Zealand, are unable to defend their borders, but third world degenerates like North Korea and Sudan have nuclear weapons.  How long do you think that is going to last?”


I have nothing to add really.  It’s just an excellent observation -- and one that the MSM never makes, even though it seems obvious when you think about it -- so I decided it warrants a post.

No comments: