Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Said So-well


Yesterday I wrote about something I heard Mark Steyn say on the radio, because his words were too good to wait for me to update this blog's "Quote of the Week" next Sunday.

Well, it's happened again today -- not once, but twice, and with something I read rather than something I heard.  The following quotes both come from Thomas Sowell.

"Barack Obama seems determined to repeat every disastrous mistake of the 1930s, at home and abroad.  He has already repeated Herbert Hoover's policy of raising taxes on high income earners, FDR's policy of trying to micro-manage the economy, and Neville Chamberlain's policy of seeking dialogues with hostile nations while downplaying the dangers they represent."

And:  "Perhaps the scariest aspect of our times is how many people think in talking points, rather than in terms of real world consequences."

Sowell has been my favorite opinion writer for more than 15 years, always cutting straight through the BS and hitting the nail right on the head.  And at 78 years old, he shows no signs of slowing down.

No comments: